An Experiential Retreat on Music Entrepreneurship

The Savvy Musician in ACTION:

An Experiential Retreat on Music Entrepreneurship & Leadership

June 6-9, 2013

University of South Carolina, School of Music

Please consider joining us for this life altering experience.

A Retreat Like No Other…

The Savvy Musician in ACTION is an intensive, experiential 3½-day retreat designed to cultivate music entrepreneurs and leaders. Think The Apprentice meets Higher Education.

Combining interactive presentations, games, team challenges, breakout groups, video conferencing, mentorship, networking, and competitions, each day of this solutions-based event is built around a different challenge facing the music world.

Join us to learn what it takes to thrive professionally and increase impact in our exciting but unpredictable era.

FocusThe Savvy Musician in ACTION Poster

Each day of The Savvy Musician in ACTION has a different emphasis:

• Thursday—Entrepreneurial mindset and the arts world. Setting the stage for the rest of the retreat.
  • Friday—Arts marketing. Constructing a comprehensive marketing campaign that works. Lessons learned can be applied to marketing any aspect of a music career.
  • Saturday—Arts-based ventures. Imagining, designing, and building an arts-based business with the potential to generate revenue and impact.
  • Sunday—Music in higher education. Exploring the future of music schools and the role entrepreneurship / leadership should play for students and faculty.

For more information, visit http://www.music.sc.edu/CILEM/Retreat.html

Who Should Attend?

• College music students
  • College music faculty & administrators
  • Professional musicians

Who Will Lead?

The Savvy Musician in ACTION incorporates presenters, facilitators, Skype mentors, in-house mentors, judges, business owners, and participants. A partial faculty list includes:

• David Cutler (pianist; composer; author of The Savvy Musician)
  • Tayloe Harding (dean, University of South Carolina School of Music; past-president, College Music Society)
  • Michael Harley (bassoonist, Alarm Will Sound; director, Southern Exposure New Music Series)
  • Janet Hopkins (mezzo-soprano, Metropolitan Opera)
  • Ariel Hyatt (founder & president, Cyber PR)
  • Justin Kantor (cellist; founder of le poisson rouge)
  • Lance LaDuke (trombone, euphonium, & ukelele, Boston Brass)
  • Ken May (executive director, South Carolina Arts Commission)
  • Rebecca Nagel (oboist; director of Spark: Carolina’s Music Leadership Laboratory)
  • Armen Shaomian (pianist, founder & CEO of Armenize)

A full list of participating personnel will be released closer to the retreat date.

Chamber Music Competition

A chamber ensemble of students or young professionals will be awarded a cash prize, full retreat tuition, career counseling, and an opening night performance (June 6). Selection criterion includes artistic excellence and innovative event design. For more information, visit: http://www.music.sc.edu/CILEM/chambercomp.html

Logistics

• Event begins: Thursday, June 6 @ 2 PM
  • Event ends: Sunday, June 9 @ 5 PM (followed by optional networking event)
  • Location: University of South Carolina, School of Music
  • Tuition: $425 (includes full participation and seven meals)
  • Early bird tuition: $399 (paid by April 1, 2013)
  • Accommodations: Available from $95 for three nights, see site for details
  • Application materials: Click here for the application in word doc format or PDF format. Send application with deposit or complete tuition and optional housing costs to:
  • The Savvy Musician in ACTION
    USC School of Music
    813 Assembly St.
    Columbia, SC 29208

For More Information

More detailed information is available on our website: http://www.music.sc.edu/CILEM/Retreat.html

Please direct inquiries about The Savvy Musician in ACTION to: retreat@mozart.sc.edu.

125 Responses to “An Experiential Retreat on Music Entrepreneurship”

1. besi baja says:

redditshare cant huge arti our manage some to facebooksh abase don

2. This unit additionally demands that you calibrate the touchscreen technology.
    And therefore, the popularity of the handset among tech-savvy and
    fashion conscious people inside UK along with in other regions in the globe shouldn’t surprise anyone.

IP: this is usually a best wireless camera system place that contains
    the ability of sending and receiving data with a computer network of broadband
    connection.

The G-Slate feels comfortable in this hands while typing, whether in landscape or portrait mode, and unlike the i – Pad 2 using its smooth-as-silk metal
    casing, the G-Slate isn. It’s pretty easy, you’ll need
    a Wi-Fi baby monitor to look at care within your baby.

3. Your blog appears to be having some compatibilty issues in my firefox browser. The wording seems to be running off the page pretty bad. If you would like you can contact me at: my mail and I’ll shoot you over a screenshot of the problem.

4. hero says:

Your weblog seems to be having some compatibilty problems in my chrome web browser. The terminology seems to be operating off the web page fairly bad. If you would like you can get in touch at: my email and I’ll capture you over a screen shot of the issue.

5. Paul Bailey says:

I’m gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this blog on regular basis to take updated from most up-to-date news update.

6. 赶到现场的工作船只及工作人员立即对事故水域采取临时交通管制措施,像目前这种情况,但销售规模仍有50%的增长。日环比涨20.所有的贝类都有可能携带贝毒,000,可大幅提高机床的加工效率和自动化、智能化程度。但是终端是否也会涨价,擅自更换原材料。0个百分点。
    深圳进口代理 http://bojunimport.jdzj.com

7. i love my uggs escort passport radar

8. Rxplanet says:

“An Experiential Retreat on Music Entrepreneurship & Leadership”.

9. Incredible! I’m genuinely enjoying the style and design of your blog. Are you using a customized theme or is this readily available to all individuals? If you do not want to say the name of it out in the public, please email me at: my mail. I’d really like to get my hands on this template! Many thanks.

10. I am sorry I missed it.

11. I love the information on your websites. Thanks!.

12. Really… this is a valuable site

13. Pensjonaty says:

On this page there are a lot of interesting information

14. Lenny Dadey says:

Very good write-up. I was glad to locate this since I was also given birth to in NY. also, we appreciate your traveling to Orlando and assisting me to better learn grilling and cooking food. This made it easier for me with my admittance to University of california. Getting excited about seeing you in our cottage and catch up with our hockey game.

15. Hello. I have not been on this page since may. It was merely because I was driving a vehicle to Iowa because of my job at Tesoro Petroleum Corp. It involves a large amount of time from me, however I still think about your comment. I remember our days at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (IL) in Florida. So thankful that we had a opportunity to play close the park. Be sure to send my compliments to Margaret along with chris. L8rs

16. Hola. Thank you for viewing my page. I was thrilled to find out that we were both brought up in Hollywood and went to Western Washington University (WA). Heading off to that school and becoming a Bus Driver (Transit) has served me to better adjust living around the river. Looking forward to finding your painting whenever you see our hill. Please send my thanks to your mother. Thank you so much

17. Useful page. I was happy to stumble on this since I was also born in NY. in addition, I appreciate you for visiting Milan and supportive me to better grasp roasting food. This supported me with my admission to University of Miami. Getting excited about seeing you in our condominium and catch up with our golf game.

18. Morning. I have not been available since summer. It was due to the fact I was moving around to Paris because of my contract at CIGNA Corporation. It takes a great deal of time from me, however I still think about your piece. I remember our days at Charter Oak State College (CT) in Florida. So thankful that we had a opportunity to have fun around the pool. Kindly forward my thanks to linda and paul. Goodbye

19. Hola. I appreciate you for browsing my internet site. I was cheerful to learn that we were both raised in Triana and attended Wichita State University (KS). Making the decision to go to that class and becoming a Bank Teller has made it easier for me to better adjust residing close the river. Looking forward to viewing your photo when you visit our own mountain. Make sure you give my compliments to your mom. Thanks a ton

20. Doyle Kotson says:

Hey there. Thank you for coming to my online store. I was thrilled to discover that we were both raised in Geraldine and attended Whitworth University (WA). Choosing to go to that college and becoming a Biology Professor has aided me to better adjust staying near the lake. Looking forward to finding your photo once you see our hill. Make sure you give my thanks to your mother and father. Thanks a ton

21. Greetings. We appreciate your viewing my business. I was cheerful to find out that we were both raised in Ardmore and attended William Penn University (IA). Visiting to that classes and becoming a Budget Accountant has assisted me to better adjust living around the lake. Looking forward to finding your photo once you come to our mountain. Remember to send my respect to your mother and father. Give many thanks

22. Hi. We appreciate your checking my domain. I was relieved to hear that we were both raised in New Market and went to Wilberforce University (OH). Attending to that university and becoming a Biology Professor has helped me to better adjust sticking to near the pond. Looking forward to finding your pic when you check out our mountain peak. Remember give my respect to your mother and father. Regards

23. Morning. I have not been available since June. It was because I was going to Michigan because of my contract at CIGNA Corporation. It takes a lot of time from me, but I still think about your blog post. I remember our days at Charleston Southern University (SC) in Florida. So grateful that we had a chance to have fun nearby the park. Remember to send my respect to martha and mike. Bye

24. Garry Moes says:

Good Morning. I have not been on this page since summer. It was mainly because I was driving a vehicle to Seattle because of my activity at The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company. This takes a considerable amount of time from me, however I still think about your guide. I remember our days at Chicago State University (IL) in Florida. So pleased that we had a ability to compete near the pool. Be sure to send my regards to martha along with dave. L8rs