The Savvy Music Teacher Scavenger Hunt

Attention music teachers!!!

On Saturday, May 21 2011, I am hosting a Facebook event sponsored by the National Conference on Keyboard Pedagogy (NCKP), focusing on issues relevant to private music teachers.  Please feel free to join in on the conversation and advice by clicking here

Our schedule is as follows:

9 AM EST     Introduction and questions posed to you
12 PM EST   The Savvy Music Teacher’s Scavenger Hunt unveiled
3 PM EST     Conversation about recruitment
6 PM EST     Focus on websites
9 PM EST     Answers to your questions, and final thoughts

Please consider participating in the NCKP Savvy Music Teacher Scavenger HuntThe purpose of this challenge is:

1)      To introduce you to resources that may be beneficial to you and your students

2)      To allow you to share valuable resources with colleagues

3)      To create a fun competition and give away prizes!!!

Yes, there will be prizes.  One lucky participant will win an autographed copy of my book The Savvy Musician, and another will win a subscription to Clavier Companion.

NCKP will compile a list of all suggested resources, and make them available through online around the time of their July 27-30 2011 national conference. (This way, even people who can’t attend will be able to benefit from your efforts.) We will not “judge” or endorse the entries, so please make an effort to choose items that are truly valuable to music teachers.

Participants are asked to identify up to 3 valuable resources for each of the following categories:

Websites/blogs/videos

9. Resource for college music students
  10. Resource for music teachers
  11. Piano pedagogy
  12. Group lesson/piano class
  13. Library that showcases videos of great piano performances
  14. Basic music technology information, applicable to music lessons
  15. Place to order music online with a good affinity/affiliate program (they give you money or discount every time order comes through you)
  16. Free manuscript paper

2. Music fundamentals/theory
  3. Recording
  4. Music creation
  5. Metronome
  6. Music teacher tools
  7. Other recommended apps for music students and teachers

For rules and the entry form, click here: NCKP Savvy Music Teacher Scavenger Hunt

Good luck!

385 Responses to “The Savvy Music Teacher Scavenger Hunt”

1. In my view, savvymusician.com does a great job of dealing with subject matter like this. Even if frequently deliberately controversial, the information is more often than not thoughtful and challenging.

2. How can I do a live loading webcast on Blogger?

3. Sirls says:

Hmm it seems like your blog had my personal first thoughts (it has been very long) i really speculate I’ll just sum it up what I did published in addition to state, I’m carefully making the most of your blog.

4. Solid, well-researched content. I just now sent this on 10/17/2016 to a fellow student who has been doing some work of his own on this subject. To say thanks, he just bought me a drink! So, I should probably say: Thanks for the meal!

5. I am pleasantly surprised, this is actually a really a very good web site, with some excellent topics for discussion. The owner of this website has accomplished a really good job here and I is going to be back on a standard basis for new topics.

6. I’m gratified with the way that savvymusician.com deals with this sort of subject matter. Usually on point, often polemic, always thoughtful as well as challenging.

7. Like savvymusician.com– extremely user-friendly and lots to see!

8. Gayle Meenan says:

10/25/2016 I’m pleased by the manner in which savvymusician.com covers this sort of issue! Usually to the point, often controversial, without fail well-written as well as challenging.

9. 10/25/2016 savvymusician.com does it yet again! Very interesting site and a well-written post. Nice work!

10. 10/25/2016 In my view, savvymusician.com does a good job of covering topics like this. Even if ofttimes deliberately polemic, the material posted is more often than not thoughtful and stimulating.

11. savvymusician.com does it again! Very perceptive site and a thought-provoking article. Thanks!

12. {Según datos facilitados por la Policía Nacional, en los últimos siete años se ha detenido a más de 600 personas por estos timos, se han esclarecido más de 1.200 casos y se han recuperado más de 2,8 millones de euros estafados a ciudadanos de los cinco continntes. Si la informaciуn de su cuenta no se actualiza en las 48 horas siguientes, algunos servicios relacionados con el acceso a su cuenta serбn restringidos hasta que sus datos personales sean verificados y actualizados. Notificamos que su Servicio en linea se ha suspendido temporalmente debido a intentos fallidos de accesos a su cuenta en linea. Caja de Ahorros y Monte de Piedad de Madrid, CAJA MADRID,C.I.F. G-28029007, Plaza de Celenque, 2. 28013 Madrid.

13. I keep listening to the news broadcast lecture about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the top site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i get some?

14. I’m pleased by the manner in which savvymusician.com covers this kind of subject matter! Usually to the point, often controversial, consistently well-researched and stimulating.

15. I completely agree with your take on this topic and look forward to new posts and comments here at savvymusician.com. Thanks!

16. Val Garman says:

savvymusician.com is solid, well-researched content. I just now sent this on 11/15/2016 to a colleague who has been involved in some work of his own on this subject. To say thank you, they just bought me dinner! So, let me express my gratitude by saying: Thanks for the drink!

17. In my estimation, savvymusician.com does a great job of handling subjects of this sort! Even if often deliberately contentious, the material posted is more often than not thoughtful and challenging.

18. Normalmente, cuando intuyo que voy a tener una mala experiencia con la persona que tengo delante, no hay feeling, intento no implicarme justamente para no llevarme ese mal sabor de boca, por lo que recuerdos malos de sesiones en TFCD tengo sobre todo cuando intento probar alguna técnica y no funciona, cuando llego a casa y veo que no he conseguido lo que quería.

19. Delante del ministerio me volvió a preguntar cómo funcionaba, y después de la reunión me devolvió el reloj diciendo que tenía que llevarlo al técnico y ahí se hicieron los CD con esta conversación”. Grabar a tu primer ministro es grave, pero en el caso de Juncker, peor porque la ley luxemburguesa establece que, además, es el responsable de la tutela del servicio secreto. Cuando Juncker se enteró que había sido grabado mantuvo al director en su puesto y no le expedientó para proteger la credibilidad del SREL ante los servicios extranjeros”, según ha explicado al primer ministro en su comparecencia ante la comisión de investigación.

20. Jerez says:

Personally i think definitely content to have seen ones internet site along with count on books enjoyable times looking at right here. Many thanks once again for the specifics.

21. Brothers says:

Amazing internet site you’ve gotten going here.

22. I must show my gratitude for your kindness supporting those who absolutely need help with this important theme. Your very own dedication to passing the message across had become certainly powerful and have truly empowered regular people just like me to achieve their desired goals. Your amazing warm and helpful suggestions implies a whole lot to me and especially to my fellow workers. Thanks a lot; from each one of us.

23. I’m trying to build a membership rights website and people have informed me that Joomla works best. I have downloaded Joomla and don’t know what to do from there. Any help would be significantly appreciated. Will this cover PHP as well or do I need to download that?.

24. Munzer says:

I wish to really encourage that you continue ones fantastic threads, have a very nice saturday and sunday!

25. Im based in London have worked as being a secretary to get more than 10 years and have an HND in Business Studies yet is tired of admin work and office politics and would like to make a move more creative- change professions… I compose in my spare time and have attended an advanced composing course within the past 3 years and am composing a story. I would like to find out if I can train to teach creative composing in further education schools etc or and British /English books. I would also be grateful merely could get any info on what qualifications you need to be able to educate English like a first language and Simple literacy skills and ESOL..

26. Hi would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with? I’m going to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a difficult time choosing to go with Drupal.

27. website says:

Nice to see your article, sir! Thankyou so much for your work!

28. In general, how many blog posts have images out of all the blogs in all blogs?. I’m searching for a typical number to get the US and worldwide..

29. I like the things you are up to. This kind of great work and exposure! Continue the amazing effort guys, I’ve you on Towelroot APK site.

30. Iola says:

My partner and I went over here from a different website and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking over your web page for a second time.

31. Hem isteğinize hem de bütçenize uygun tesettür oteller için websitemizi ziyaret edebilir,islami tatilinizi daha güzel planlayabilirsiniz..

32. Dubai but we offer wonderful rates for Desert Safari UAE as well. Which basically comes down to this: Get in touch with us if you are visiting Dubai or other emirate in the UAE for desert safari best and we will make sure you get the best and the most exhilarating experience.

33. Get best desert safari Dubai,Dubai Desert Safari Deals,Evening desert safari,We are offering our clients a very valuable service that has the great capability to spend a quality time with your family and loved one’s. DesertSafariDubaii.com has been serving since many years to give a great adventure of its visitors that can provide you a thrilling experience of DESERT SAFARI DUBAI.

34. best safari says:

Enjoy an evening desert safari with dune bashing, camel riding and Arabic costumes for AED 98 from Arabian Desert Tours (Value AED 220) – BBQ buffet included!