Classical Music with Shining Eyes

In the video below, Ben Zander (conductor of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra and author of the wonderful book The Art of Possibility) presents an engaging talk/performance to a crowd of 1600.  Very few in the audience are experienced classical music enthusiasts, yet he is celebrated with an enthusiastic standing ovationby the end of this 20 minute presentation.

Zander’s vision is for a world in which all people get excited by classical music.  His contagious energy, inviting style, and overflowing passion seem to transport everyone within earshot to a deeper and more meaningful artistic experience.

Please note, this is not an intellectual lecture recital (an unfortunate concept that makes me squeal in discomfort, as it surely must for most people).  Far from it.  Instead, it’s an emotional journey encompassing humor, tragedy, and much in between.

Incidentally, The Savvy Musician features a chapter entitled Artistry and Relevance.  It explores extensive ways that musicians can present high quality, sophisticated music to a variety of audience types (including “lay” audiences) and have the experience resonate, connect, and energize.  It asks questions like “Are We Merely Entertainers,” and “Can Classical Music Be Popular,” in addition to a focus on “Re-branding Classical Music.”  In many ways, I feel this chapter contains some of the most valuable information in the book.

Ben Zander is indeed a savvy musician, working tirelessly to expand the audience for classical music while offering experiences that are both artistic and relevant!

127 Responses to “Classical Music with Shining Eyes”

1. berita exo says:

I wish to study creative writing in college. Such as to become a author or possibly screenplays. It doesnt really matter where as long as its an english speaking country. Anyone have any ideas of where will be best?.

2. Por otro lado también están las páginas de soporte de cada casa, y he de decir que la de Fujitsu Siemens , aunque no me resultó difícil localizar el modelo del portátil, no disponía de un método cómodo para la descarga de drivers, pues lo has de hacer uno a uno. Resulta más bonito que el Xp normal con una interfaz gráfica basada en Windows Vista , tiene logrados efectos 3D y es bastante ligero en equipos con pocas prestaciones, una joya de sistema operativo. Este es el proceso que más tiempo lleva, pues la mayoría del software hay que configurarlo después de su instalación.

3. You made some decent points there. I seemed on the web for the problem and located most individuals will go together with with your website.

4. Alva Canavan says:

9/19/2016 @ 18:21:25 In my opinion, savvymusician.com does a good job of handling subjects like this! While ofttimes intentionally contentious, the information is in the main well researched and challenging.

5. I’m pleased with the way that savvymusician.com deals with this sort of topic! Usually to the point, sometimes contentious, always well-written as well as challenging.

6. 10/9/2016 @ 10:28:35 Good read!

7. Adina Cunas says:

savvymusician.com does it yet again! Very perceptive site and a good article. Nice work!

8. In my view, savvymusician.com does a good job of handling subjects like this! While sometimes deliberately polemic, the information is more often than not well-written and thought-provoking.

9. 10/25/2016 I’m gratified with the way that savvymusician.com deals with this kind of issue! Generally on point, sometimes polemic, without fail well-written as well as challenging.

10. Rana Debes says:

11/11/2016 I’m gratified by the manner in which savvymusician.com deals with this kind of subject. Usually on point, often contentious, without fail well-written and also stimulating.

11. 11/16/2016 In my opinion, savvymusician.com does a good job of covering subjects of this kind. Even if sometimes deliberately polemic, the posts are in the main thoughtful and challenging.

12. Louie says:

Hi there, You have done an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this site.

13. I was conversing with a good friend of my own about this info and even about vshare pro too. I feel you made a number of great points on this page, we’re also looking forward to find out more material from you.

14. I carry on listening to the news update speak about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i acquire some?

15. dhow cruise says:

Dubai Desert Safari Shore Excursion Reviews: See what 16 cruisers had to say about their Desert Safari excursion in Dubai. Find detailed reviews for some of the best Dubai Desert Safarishore excursions.

16. framaroot says:

There are terrific improvements on the layout of the blog, I truly like this. Mine is on the subject of framaroot latest and currently there are quite a lot of things to be done, I am currently a newcomer in webpage design. Be careful!

17. Mariam says:

naturally like your web site but you need to check the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless I will certainly come back again.

18. CEO adviser says:

I love articles like this one but I find myself spending hours simply browsing and reading. I check your page every few days. Spot on with this article.

19. This kind of content is excellent – it’s what keeps the internet fluid and interesting

20. Your website is really useful to me. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next post. Certainly a lot of things to take into consideration. I just discovered your write ups on Sunday.

21. Jesse Grillo says:

cool little bit of written content. Any additional suggestions or hints? It is very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. I could not resist commenting.

22. I was speaking with a friend of my own around this article and also regarding aptoide market too. I feel you made a few great points in this case, we’re also excited to read more material from you.

23. I was discussing with a good friend of my own about this and also regarding lic online payment through credit card as well. I do believe you made a lot of good points here, we’re also excited to read more information from you.

24. It was wonderful to read this and I believe you are 100 correct. Let me know in the event that you’re thinking about homework help, that is my main expertise. I am hoping to see you soon, take care!

25. It was actually wonderful to read this article and I think you are completely right. Inform me in case you are involved in personal computers, that’s my major competence. Hope to hear from you in the near future, cheers!

26. omega xl says:

You are absolutely right. I loved reading this article and I will certainly get back for more soon. Our internet site is on omega xl dosage, you can look if you’re still interested in this.

27. Appreciate you sharing, great blog post. Fantastic.